BETHLEHEM, Pa. – The Salisbury University men's and women's cross country teams traveled to Lehigh University to compete in the 2019 NCAA Division III Cross Country Mideast Regional on Saturday morning. The women's team placed 15th overall while the men finished 24th.
Results: Women – 15th (423 points) | Men – 24th (637 points)
Total Time: Women – 1:57:46 (23:34 avg) | Men – 2:16:09 (27:14 avg)
Distance: Women – 6k | Men – 8k
Location: Goodman Campus at Lehigh University – Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (hosted by Mulhenberg College)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Sydney Ruckel led the charge for the women's team, finishing 41st overall (out of 352 runners) with a time of 22:52.9.
- Senior Ashley Mazer was the next Sea Gull to cross the finish line, completing the course in 68th place with a time of 23:13.6.
- Sophomore Heather Delaplaine finished 10 seconds later with a time of 23:23.7 – good for 76th overall.
- Seniors Christine Sturm (119th) and Abigail Potter (128th) rounded out Salisbury's top five finishers with times of 24:02.1 and 24:13.3, respectively.
- Junior Mason Kimbell was the top runner for Salisbury on the men's side, finishing 75th (out of 362 runners) with a time of 26:30.9.
- Freshman Zachary Deming was the next Sea Gulls to cross the finish line, completing the course in 122nd place with a time of 27:07.8.
- Sophomore Ethan Gray took 128th place with a time of 27:11.9.
- Junior Ryan Eville (140th) and Sophomore Christian Ciattei (173rd) rounded out the men's top five with times of 27:23.8 and 27:53.9, respectively.