YORK, Pa. – The Salisbury men's and women's cross country teams competed in the Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) Championships on Saturday at York, with the women's team finishing third overall in the 6k, while the men took fifth in the 8k.
Results: Women – Third (71 points) | Men – Fifth (119 points)
Total Time: Women – 2:10:48 (26:09 avg) | Men – 2:25:27 (29:05 avg)
Distance: Women – 6k | Men – 8k
Location: – Reservoir Park – York, Pa. (York College (Pa.))
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore Heather Delaplaine continued her strong season as she finished as the CAC runner-up. Delaplaine completed the course in 25:05.10.
- Junior Sydney Ruckel also had a strong showing, finishing fifth overall in the event. Ruckel crossed the finish line with a time of of 25:18.17.
- Senior Ashley Mazer finished among the top-20, crossing the finish line in 13th with a time of 26:08.14.
- Senior Abby Potter (24th) and freshman Yanet Leul (29th) rounded out the top five Sea Gull finishers, crossing the line in 26:56.32 and 27:21.17, respectively.
- Junior Mason Kimbell was once again the top Sea Gull to finish the race in the men's event, finishing 19th overall out of 74 runners with a time of 28:35.32.
- Freshman Zachary Deming finished next with a time of 28:40.02 – good for 22nd.
- Sophomore Ethan Gray was the third member of the team to cross the finish line, completing the race 26th overall with a time of 29:09.43.
- Juniors Ryan Eville (29th) and Jeromy Green (35th) rounded out the top five finishers for the men's team, completing the race with times of 29:24.73 and 29:38.43, respectively.
- Heather Delaplaine and Sydney Ruckel will represent Salisbury on the All-CAC First Team. It is their first all-conference honor respectively.
- Ashley Mazer qualified for the All-CAC Second Team. It is the the third time Mazer earned All-CAC honors.
- The teams will return to action in two weeks when they travel to Lehigh University on Saturday, November 16 to compete in the NCAA Division III Mideast Regional Championships beginning at 11 a.m.