FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The fourth-seeded Salisbury University women's tennis team coasted to a 5-0 victory over the fifth-seeded Pratt Cannoneers in the first round of the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Tournament on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In first doubles, Veronica Cuellar and Katherine Tamesis won the tiebreaker over Sophie Bischoff and Nastazja Cancellaro, 8-7 (7-3).
- Elizabeth Christine and Sarah Dover and Hannah Carter and Sarah Cooper rolled in their respective doubles matches.
- Carter cruised to a clean sweep, 6-0, 6-0, over Nicole Depp in sixth singles.
- Christine clinched the match win with a 6-1, 6-1 victory over Julia Ognibene in fourth singles.
- The Sea Gulls will take on top-seeded and 15th-ranked Mary Washington in the C2C Semifinals on Saturday, May 7.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.