SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury University women's tennis ended the weekend on a high with a 9-0 sweep over the Marymount Saints on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury was on cruise control from the start with a 3-0 start after a clean sweep in doubles. The No. 1 doubles tandem of Veronica Cuellar and Katherine Tamesis as well as the No. 3 doubles team of Sarah Cooper and Hannah Carter each blanked their opponents. The No. 2 doubles duo of Elizabeth Christine and Sarah Dover earned an 8-1 win over Ariane Kombou and Caroline Haymans.
- Tamesis, Christine and Carter each breezed by their opponents 6-0, 6-0 in their respective singles matches.
- Dover and Haymans battled in No. 2 singles but Dover prevailed 6-2, 6-2.
- Cuellar and Cooper also collected wins in No. 1 singles and No. 5 singles respectively.
- Salisbury returns to the courts on Friday, Feb. 25 as they host the Goucher Gophers.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 6 p.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.