Posted: Oct 08, 2021
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The Salisbury University women's tennis opened the 2021-22 season with the three-day Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Southeast Regional Championships, held at Mary Washington.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sarah Dover made it all the way to the finals of the B3 draw in the Women's Open Singles behind back-to-back 8-6 victories in the tournament over Bin Nguyen in the quarterfinals and Megan Lonbardt in the semifinals. Dover battled in the championship round against Elizabeth Teefey but fell, 6-3, 6-2.
- Hannah Carter also made a run to the finals of in the B6 draw. She opened the day with an 8-2 win over Bailey Livingston before rolling to an 8-2 win over Shannon Stewart in the semifinals. Carter's run ended in the finals with an 8-4 decision to Alejandra Garcia.
- Veronica Cuellar lost her opening match to Martine Fierro in three sets 6-2, 4-6, 7-6(5).
- Katherine Tamesis picked up a win in the B2 consolation semifinals against Gracie Caplice, 8-6.
- Sarah Cooper earned an 8-7(2) win in the B5 consolations over Emily Daigneault.