FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The third-seeded Salisbury University women's tennis team begins its Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Championship Tournament run on Friday, May 7 at 4:30 p.m. in Fredericksburg, Va. against the second-seeded Christopher Newport Captains.
HOW WE GOT THERE
- Salisbury finished the 2021 regular season 3-3 overall and 2-2 in the C2C. Salisbury collected conference wins over St. Mary's and Southern Virginia to earn the third seed.
- Salisbury also collected a non-conference win over Virginia Wesleyan to open the season on March 6.
HOW THEY GOT HERE
- CNU finished the 2021 season 6-6 overall and 3-1 in the C2C, including a 9-0 win over Salisbury on April 10.
- In non-conference matches, CNU picked up wins over Sweet Briar, North Carolina Wesleyan and Virginia Wesleyan.
THE 2021 SEA GULLS
- Salisbury tanks 13th in the Atlantic South region.
- Elizabeth Christine, Veronica Cuellar and Sarah Dover each won three singles matches in 2021.
- Cuellar and Katherine Tamesis went 2-4 in No. 1 doubles matches.
- Christine and Sarah Cooper registered a 2-2 record in No. 3 doubles.
WHAT'S ON THE LINE
The winner of the Salisbury/CNU matchup will face the winner of the other semifinal matchup between Mary Washington and Southern Virginia in the C2C Championship on Saturday, May 8 at 3:30 p.m.