Posted: Mar 06, 2020
CHESTERTOWN, Md. – The Salisbury University women's tennis team cruised to an 8-1 win over the Washington Shorewomen on Friday.
Final Score: Salisbury 8, Washington 1
Records: Salisbury (5-1) | Washington (2-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury held the lead after the doubles. Annika Kezman and Veronica Cuellar cruised to an 8-2 win in No. 1 doubles over Irene Meng and Ella Samer.
- Sydney Soto and Katherine Tamesis rolled in No. 3 doubles with an 8-3 victory over Marin Vander Schaaf and Riley Katzman.
- Salisbury picked up a clean sweep in singles to cruise to the match win.
- Kezman picked up a 6-3, 6-1 win in No. 1 singles over Meng.
- Cuellar toughed out a 7-5 win in the first-set then rolled to a 6-1 victory in the second set against Alisha White.
- Jordan Schaefer and Hannah Baxter notched sweeps in No. 5 and No. 6 singles respectively.
- Laura Brown dropped the first set to Samer in No. 3 singles, 6-4. But, Brown rebounded to collect the match win with a 6-2, 6-1 set score in the ensuing sets.
- Soto traded set wins in fourth singles against Bin Nguyen but Soto sealed the victory in the third set, 6-1, 6-7, 7-6.
- Salisbury has a quick turnaround as they battle the Stevens Ducks on Saturday.
- The match is set to begin at 10 a.m. at the SU indoor Tennis Center.