SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University women's tennis team earned a 9-0 win over the Catholic Cardinals on Friday to push its season-opening winning streak to four.
Final Score: Salisbury 9, Catholic 0
Records: Salisbury (4-0) | Catholic (3-3)
Location: SU Indoor Tennis Center – Salisbury, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury started the day off on a high note with a clean sweep of doubles action. Laura Brown and Jordan Schaefer picked up an 8-5 win in No. 1 doubles over Brooke Simonson and Bridget Burrus.
- Sydney Soto and Katherine Tamesis collected an 8-3 win in No. 2 doubles over Grace Connell and Colleen McLaughlin.
- Sarah Dover and Hannah Baxter recorded an 8-4 win in No. 3 doubles over Hannah Scali and Olivia Sensenbrenner.
- The momentum continued in singles action with all six matches finishing in straight sets.
- The closest set was in No. 3 singles when Baxter registered a 6-3 win in the second set over Burrus to close out the match 6-0, 6-3.
- Tamesis, Annika Kezman, Veronica Cuellar, Elizabeth Christine and Kayla Allen all collected wins in their singles matches.
- Salisbury will be back in action on Saturday when they host the N.C. Wesleyan Battling Bishops.
- The match is set to begin at 10 a.m.