CHESTERTOWN, Md. – The Salisbury University men's and women's swimming teams fell to the Washington Shoremen in a dual meet on Saturday.
Men's Final Score: Washington 190, Salisbury 68
Women's Final Score: Washington 196, Salisbury 64
Records: Men (1-1) | Women (1-1)
Location: Casey Swim Center- Chestertown, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
Matthew Arter led the Sea Gulls with two first-place finishes in the 200-yard back and the 1,000-yard free. Arter also placed second in the 200-yard IM. Samuel Bufano and Christopher Knorr each added a second and third-place finish in the 200-yard free and 100-yard fly respectively. The men's team ended the meet with nine personal bests.
Peyton O'Brian led Salisbury with three silvers on the day. She finished second in the 100-yard free, 100-yard breast and 200-yard breast. Kara Graybill and Olivia Totaro picked up points in the 200-yard IM and the 200-yard fly. The women's team recorded six personal bests at the meet.
FIRST-PLACE FINISHERS (*PR)
- Arter: 200-yard back (1:59.32*), 1000-yard free (10:27.26
- Arter: 200-yard IM (2:05.61)
- Knorr: 100-yard fly (55.27*)
- Bufano: 200-yard free (1:52.17*).
- O'Brian: 100-yard free (58.51*), 100-yard breast (1:15.01), 200-yard breast (2:46.79)
- Graybill: 200-yard IM (2:27.87)
- Totaro: 200-yard fly (2:39.11)
- Bufano: 500-yard free (5:17.49), 200-yard IM (2:13.88)
- Knorr: 200-yard fly (2:09.71), 200-yard free (1:55.12)
- Ari Fisher: 100-yard breast (1:09.41), 100-yard free (54.32)
- Nathan Braun: 1000-yard free (11:17.99*)
- Amelia Nail: 100-yard back (1:09.25*)
- Jordan DeGruchy: 100-yard fly (1:06.29)
- Olivia Hawkins: 50-yard free (27.00*)
TOP THREE RELAY FINISHES
- Men's 200-yard Medley: Arter, Fisher, Knorr, Bufano; 3rd (1:45.54)
- The men's team earned two individual titles.
- The teams combined for 15 personal records on the day.
- Salisbury will host the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins in the 2021 home opener on Saturday, Nov. 13.
- The meet is set to start at 1 p.m. at the Maggs Pool.