SALISBURY Md. – The Salisbury University women's soccer team dropped its midweek match to the Marlins of Virginia Wesleyan, 2-0, on Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
· After a mishandled ball by the Salisbury defense, Virginia Wesleyan's Breacain McClenahan got the ball to her teammate, Carleigh Van Reenen who found the back of the net to make it 1-0 in the 17th minute.
· In the 50th minute, Ally Goetz saw an opportunity and nearly cashed in. Goetz ripped a shot from outside the box that the keeper just barely tipped into the crossbar for the save.
· The Marlins put things away in the 68th minute after Emma Ancafore found McClenahan on the edge of the box to score and give the game its final score margin.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
· Kasey Lamb recorded two shots.
· Emma Hill notched a pair of saves in goal.
· Salisbury only had one shot on target.
VIRGINIA WESLEYAN GAME NOTES
· Goalkeeper Rachel Quigley earned the shutout and with a save.
· Breacain McClenahan had an assist and a goal.
· Virginia Wesleyan outshot Salisbury, 10-6.
· Salisbury heads to Center Valley, Pa. to take on the DeSales Bulldogs on Saturday, Sept. 25.
· The contest is scheduled to begin at 1 p.m.