Posted: Oct 19, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. –The Salisbury University women's soccer team overpowered the St. Mary's Seahawks, 4-0, at home on Saturday to remain unbeaten in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 4, St. Mary's, 0
- Records: Salisbury (11-2-2, 7-0 CAC) | St. Mary's (3-12, 1-6 CAC)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sea Gulls started off strong in the first half after a loose ball from a Salisbury corner was deflected by a Seahawks player, Lydia Narum saw the opportunity and blasted the ball into the back of the net in the ninth minute.
- In the 14th minute, Narum lofted the ball to Julianna Boller from the midfield. Boller gets the ball through the defenders and over the goalkeeper's head for the second goal of the game.
- The Sea Gulls then see a couple shots just minutes of each other in the 17th and 19th minute. Boller corralled the ball from a throw-in and put a low cross in to Autumn Dougherty who shot the ball in from the right of the goal post. Brooke Rossiter collected the fourth goal by the Sea Gulls after she split two defenders and curled a shot around the goalie.
- Although the second half saw no goals from either team, the Sea Gulls held possession of the ball as they collected seven shots while the Seahawks collected two.
- Salisbury outshot St. Mary's, 24-3, 11 of which were on goal.
- Salisbury took eight corners compared to St. Mary's one.
- Lydia Narum and Julianna Boller each registered a goal and an assist. Autumn Dougherty and Brooke Rossiter also had a goal apiece.
- Emma Hill and Regan Benton split the two halves and each saved the only shots that came their way.
- Audra Haines saved seven shots for the Seahawks.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lydia Narum collected her first assist of the season along with her eighth goal.
- Salisbury extends their unbeaten streak to eleven games while collecting their ninth shutout of the season.
- Salisbury continues their three-game homestand on Wednesday, Oct. 23 as they face the Mary Washington Eagles in CAC action at the SU Soccer Complex.
- Game time is set for 4 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.