SALISBURY, Md. –The Salisbury University women's soccer team shut out the York College Spartans, 4-0, on Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Captial Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 4, York, 0
- Records: Salisbury (8-2-2, 4-0 CAC) | York (4-9, 1-3 CAC)
- Location: Salisbury Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Starting off the first half strong the Sea Gulls saw their first goal after a York foul in the 18th minute on Brooke Rossiter's penalty kick.
- Moments later, Salisbury scored their second goal after Julianna Boller headed the corner kick feed towards goal. The ball deflected off of Jenna Beck and she pushed it past the keeper.
- In the 28th minute, Kasey Lamb got a low cross through the defense over to Lydia Narum on the far side of the field. Narum would blast a shot past the York goalkeeper to put Salisbury up 3-0.
- Narum tallied her second goal of the contest in the 67th minute when she took advantage of the goalkeeper being out of position and scored from 40-yards out and over the keeper's head.
- Salisbury outshot York, 16-2.
- Both teams collected six corners.
- Lydia Narum scored on two of her three shot attempts while Brooke Rossiter and Julianna Boller each had a shot on target and a goal. Jenna Beck and Kasey Lamb each had an assist.
- Juliana Looney, Liliana Caceres and Tierney Crehan all had a shot on goal.
- Emma Hill didn't face a shot in 70-plus minutes in net.
- Regan Benton came in relief of Hill in the middle parts of the second half and saved both shots that came her way.
- Jillian Kozak stopped three saves for the Spartans.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Narum notched her fifth and sixth goal for the season while Rossiter recorded her fourth.
- This is the third-straight shutout and fourth consecutive win for the Sea Gulls.
- Salisbury is home on Saturday, October 12 as they go against the No. 3 Christopher Newport Captains at the SU Soccer Complex.
- Game time is set for 2 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.