FREDRICKSBURG, Va. –The Salisbury University women's soccer team shut out the Mary Washington Eagles, 1-0, on the road on Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Captial Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 1, Mary Washington, 0
- Records: Salisbury (6-2-2, 2-0 CAC) | Mary Washington (4-7, 1-1 CAC)
- Location: Fredricksburg, Va. – Battleground Athletic Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 21st minute, Mary Washington's goalkeeper misplayed a ball and Ally Goetz was able to fire into the net from 25 yards out.
- The Sea Gulls kept the pressure up in the first half to register seven shots and maintaining pressure but couldn't find the back of the net again.
- Mary Washington looked to tie the game in the early parts of the second half but Emma Hill made a pair of great saves in the first 10 minutes of the game.
- Salisbury continued to control possession throughout the rest of the second half to seal the victory.
- Salisbury outshot Mary Washington, 11-8.
- Eight of Salisbury's 11 shots were on target.
- Salisbury collected five corners.
- Ally Goetz put three shots on target and picked up a goal. Tierney Crehan collected two shots on goal while Lydia Narum, Julianna Boller, and Autumn Dougherty all had a shot on goal.
- Emma Hill saved all four shots that came her way for Salisbury.
- Allison Nork stopped seven saves for the Eagles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Goetz scored her third goal of the season. All of Goetz's goals have been game-winners.
- Hill tallied her fourth shutout of the season in goal.
- Salisbury continues their road trip on Saturday when they cross the bridge to take on the St. Mary's Seahawks in conference action.
- Game time is set for 3:30 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.