Posted: Sep 14, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. –After a defensive battle, the Salisbury University women's soccer team defeats the Catholic Cardinals, 2-0 on Saturday.
- Final Score: Salisbury 2, Catholic, 0.
- Records: Salisbury (3-2-1) | Catholic (2-2-2)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Both teams were scoreless after the first half.
- Salisbury scored the first goal of the game in the 52nd minute when Julianna Boller flicked a pass over to Ally Goetz in front of the net. Goetz' shot deflected off the keeper and into the corner of the net.
- In the 58th minute, the Sea Gulls drew a Catholic foul in the box to earn a penalty kick. Lydia Narum stepped up to the spot a blasted a shot past the diving goalkeeper to double Salisbury's lead.
- Salisbury held the 5-1 advantage in corners over Catholic.
- Autumn Dougherty and Lydia Narum each tallied three shots, two of which were on goal for Salisbury. Anna Dimitriades, Kyla Holt, Ally Goetz and Brooke Rossiter each notched a shot on goal.
- Emma Hill and Nina Fernandez both recorded six saves for Salisbury and Catholic respectively.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Narum's penalty shot was her second goal of the season.
- Goetz registered her first goal of the season.
- Salisbury is a perfect 3-0 at home.
- Salisbury is away on Wednesday as they head up the Eastern Shore to Chestertown, Md. to take on the Washington Shorewomen.
- Game time is set for 7 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.