VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – 110 minutes weren't enough as the Salisbury University women's soccer team and the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins finished in a 1-1 tie after double overtime on Wednesday night.
- Final Score: Virginia Wesleyan 1, Salisbury 1
- Records: Salisbury (2-2-1) | Virginia Wesleyan (2-1-2)
- Location: Virginia Beach, Va. – Foster Field
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury scored the first goal from senior defender Jenna Beck thanks to an assist of a corner kick by freshman midfielder Kasey Lamb in the first ten minutes of the first half.
- Virginia Wesleyan came back to tie the game in the second half after a goal from a free kick by Camryn Terry after a Salisbury foul in the 63rd minute.
- Both teams managed to place shots up during both overtime periods but ultimiately failed to put up any goals.
- Salisbury held the 11-7 lead in corners over Virginia Wesleyan.
- Freshman midfielder Anna Dimitriades lead with four shots for Salisbury while collecting three shots on goal along with Jenna Beck who had two shots on goal and Julianna Boller, Kasey Lamb and Kyla Holt who each had a shot on goal.
- Virginia Wesleyan had one yellow card.
- Emma Hill collected seven saves for Salisbury.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The last time Salisbury went into double overtime was with Christopher Newport on October 16, 2016. That game also finished in a 1-1 tie.
- It was Beck's second goal of the season.
- Salisbury is home this Saturday when they host the Catholic Cardinals at Sea Gull Soccer Complex.
- Game time is set for 1 p.m.
- It is Youth Day on Saturday. Kids enter for free with their jersey.
- Live stats and video are available.