Posted: Sep 01, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury University women's soccer team finished the SU Classic strong with a 10-0 win over the Lehman Lightning on Sunday.
- Final Score: Salisbury 10, Lehman 0
- Records: Salisbury (2-0) | Lehman (0-2)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – Sea Gull Soccer Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury collected three first-half goals. Lydia Narum scored two minutes into the game off a feed from Dana Gordon.
- Jenna Beck and Brooke Rossiter scored back-to-back goals less than two minutes apart midway through the first half with Kasey Lamb and Autumn Dougherty each picking up an assist.
- In the second half, the Sea Gulls racked up seven goals thanks to a hat trick from Dakota Campbell, two goals from Julie Venere, Rossiter collecting her second goal of the game and Blair Van't Hoff scoring her first collegiate goal.
- The second half also saw assists from Rossiter, Lamb, Christina Narron, and Alyssa Brady.
- Campbell led the Sea Gulls with three goals, all in the second half.
- Venere and Rossiter each collected a pair of goals.
- Rossiter and Casey Lamb both tallied two assists.
- The Sea Gulls defense completely stifled the Lehman offense with the Lightning not registering a single shot.
- Salisbury held a 25-0 advantage in shots on goal.
- Lehman's Rebecca Gritz stopped 15 of the 25 shots she faced.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- This is the first time Salisbury reached double digits in goals since Sept. 26, 2007, against Gallaudet when they beat the Bison 12-1.
- The last time the Sea Gulls held a team to zero shots was against the Wesley Wolverines on Oct. 17, 2012.
- Salisbury is on the road next weekend for the Arcadia University Tournament in Glenside, Pa.
- The first game is against Montclair State on Saturday, Sept. 7
- Game time is set for 3 p.m.