LEXINGTON. Va. - A career day by Anna Robinson led the third-ranked Salisbury University women's lacrosse team to a 25-1 win over the Morrisville St. Mustangs in the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament on Saturday
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the first 40 seconds of the game, Lydia McNulty found Julie Talbert to start Salisbury's 13-goal run to start the game.
- Delaney Hill, Erin Scannell and Riley Hartman tallied the next three goals off individual efforts to push the score 4-0 with 26:31 remaining in the first half.
- Anna Robinson scored two straight goals off an unassisted tally and a free position opportunity.
- The next three of the four goals saw involvement from Alexis Strobel on one goal and two assists. Strobel found Lauren Valenti and Talbert. Talbert completed the first-half hat trick with a man-up goal with 17 minutes remaining in the first half.
- With 13:45 ticks left on the first-half game clock, Morrisville State's Aria Treadway netted the lone Mustang goal off an assist by Jaele Naab to make the score, 13-1.
- Robinson answered the Mustang goal with her third of the game with 10:07 remaining in the first half.
- Strobel and McNulty rounded out the first half scoring a goal each with less than two minutes remaining to go into the halftime break up 16-1.
- Salisbury scored the only goals in the second half, with five new goal scorers getting their names in the scoring column.
- Caroline Knight tallied the first goal of the second, three minutes into the half.
- In the next four Salisbury goals, Robinson dished out three assists to Mary Hanzsche (2) and Becca Puente and Robinson scored her fourth goal of the game with 13:34 left on the clock.
- Salisbury secured the 25-1 victory with three goals to end the game coming from Ella Mannix, Leah Vilov and Puente.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Salisbury's 25 goals were the second-most goals scored in an NCAA Tournament game in program history. Second-most to the 26-goal effort in a 26-4 win over Denison on May 10, 2000.
- Anna Robinson led the Sea Gull offense with a career-high eight points on four goals and four assists.
- Caroline Knight scored her first collegiate goal and picked up a career-high three draw controls and two caused turnovers. Knight also picked up two ground balls.
- Alexis Strobel dished out three assists and scored twice for the Sea Gulls.
- Julie Talbert netted a hat trick for the third time in the 2021 season.
- Carrie Hesen collected a game-high seven draw controls.
- Erin Scannell and Lauren Valenti both picked up three draw controls apiece.
- Grace Murray caused two turnovers on defense.
- Mary Claire Hisle recorded one save in the net for the Sea Gulls.
- Salisbury had the edge over Morrisville State 22-5 in draw controls and 13-3 in ground balls.
MORRISVILLE STATE GAME NOTES
- The lone Mustang goal was scored by Aria Treadway.
- Jaele Naab recorded one assist for Morrisville St.
- Rowan Coates paced the defense by causing one turnover.
- Lauren McGreal and Treadway both picked up two draw controls for the Mustangs. McGreal also scooped up two ground balls for the Morrisville St. defense.
- With today's win, Salisbury advances to the NCAA Division III Tournament Regional Semifinals against the Washington & Jefferson Presidents on Saturday, May 15 in Lexington, Va.
- The time will be determined at a later date.