FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team dropped a 5-0 decision to the No. 18 Mary Washington Eagles in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Tournament Semifinals on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sea Gulls fought hard in doubles. Brad Pappalardo and Gianluca Beaujon erased a deficit to force a tiebreaker in first doubles against Moses Hutchison and Andrew Watson but fell 8-7(3).
- Christopher Catan and Mitchell Desman forced a break at second doubles but were defeated, 8-5, by Rishi Charan Shankar and Nick Spera.
- Beaujon picked up a point in each set but dropped the match to Charan Shankar, 6-1, 6-1, in second singles.
- Russell Willenborg picked up two points but was unable to take down Watson in third singles, 6-2, 6-0.
- Salisbury finished the 2022 season with an 8-12 overall record.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 188 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.