FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The fourth-seeded Salisbury University men's tennis team cruised to a 5-0 sweep over the fifth-seed Pratt on Friday in the opening round of the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Tournament.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sea Gulls swept through the Cannoneers in doubles. The teams of Brad Pappalardo and Gianluca Beaujon, Christopher Catan and Mitchell Desman and Russell Willenborg and Gavin Reagle each won their respective doubles matches, 8-0.
- Catan rolled to a 6-0, 6-0 win in fourth singles over Thomas Van Trier.
- Jhayden Pappas clinched the match win with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep over Patrick O'Gorman in sixth singles.
- Salisbury did not lose a single point in the match.
- The Sea Gulls will take on top-seeded and 18th-ranked Mary Washington in the C2C Semifinals on Saturday, May 7.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.