SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team battled early in their match against the 30th-ranked TCNJ Lions before falling 7-2 on Sunday afternoon at the SU Tennis Center.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mitchell Desman and Christopher Catan grabbed a victory in second doubles, beating Nick Matkiwsky and Nikola Kilibarda 8-6.
- In third doubles, Russell Willenborg and Gavin Reagle forced a tiebreaker but bowed to Akul Telluri and Derek Jordan, 8-7 (7-3).
- Gianluca Beaujon earned a win in second singles, besting Matthew Michibata 6-3, 4-6, 6-4.
- Brad Pappalardo won the opening set of first singles 6-4, but Justin Wain fought back to take the next two sets 6-3 and 6-3 and win the showdown.
- Much like in first singles, Russell Willenborg started strong in third singles, taking the first set 6-2 over Adrian Tsui before ultimately falling in the next two 6-2 and 6-3.
- The Sea Gulls will continue their four-match homestand against Harford Community College on Friday afternoon.
- First serve from the SU Tennis Center is set for 3 p.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.