SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team fell to the sixth-ranked Johns Hopkins Blue Jays, 8-1, on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Gavin Reagle picked up the lone point for the Sea Gulls as he cruised to an emphatic 6-4, 6-2 sweep over Brian Wang in No. 5 singles.
- Christopher Catan fought hard in No. 4 singles against Andrew Tran but stumbled 7-6, 6-2.
- Reagle and Mitchell Desman as well as Gianluca Beaujon and Jhayden Pappas notched close losses in third and second doubles respectively.
- Both Salisbury men's and women's tennis will head south to Orlando for spring break.
- The teams begin the trip against Luther on Sunday, March 20 at 8 a.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.