SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team suffered its first loss of the 2022 season with a 6-3 defeat to the Haverford Fords on Friday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Brad Pappalardo and Gianluca Beaujon collected a come-from-behind 8-6 win in No. 1 doubles over Jackson Trevor and George Jiang.
- Russell Willenborg and Mitchell Desman had a back-and-forth battle in No. 3 doubles with Patrick Kley and Adam Chow but stumbled in the tiebreaker 8(7)-7.
- Beaujon continued his winning ways in No. 3 singles with a 6-4, 7-6 win over Danny Loder.
- Luke McMullen also earned a two-set win in No. 5 singles against Abhinav Nallapareddy.
- Salisbury will be back in action on Saturday against Stevens.
- The match is scheduled to begin at noon at the SU Tennis Center.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.