SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury University men's tennis team picked up the 7-2 win over the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins to complete the weekend sweep and push its season-opening win streak to three games.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two squads battled in doubles action. Brad Papparlardo and Gianluca Beaujon toughed out an 8-7 win in No. 1 doubles over Mitchell Perry and Felix Bevc.
- No. 2 doubles also was a back-and-forth battle but Russell Willenborg and Luke McMullen collected an 8-6 victory over Henry West and Timothy Tep.
- Christopher Catan and Mitchell Desman cruised to an 8-2 win over Camden Perry and Francis Cabaddu in No. 3 doubles.
- The fourth through sixth singles matches went to three sets. After dropping the first set, Catan rolled in sets two and three to earn the 4-6, 6-0, 6-3 win in fourth singles. McMullen gutted out a 6-4, 5-7, 10-8 win over Cabaddu in fifth doubles while Wayne Russell fought back in the third set to collect a 6-3, 3-6, 11-9 win in sixth singles.
- Beaujon notched a 6-3, 6-4 win in No. 3 singles over Tep.
- Salisbury will be in action on Friday, March 4 taking on the Haverford Fords.
- The match is slated to begin at 4 p.m.
Salisbury University is a proud member of NCAA Division III with primary membership in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference, along with the New Jersey Athletic Conference for football and the Metropolitan Swimming and Diving Conference for men's and women's swimming. With over 500 student-athletes in 21 varsity sports, SU is recognized as one of the most competitive intercollegiate athletics programs regardless of division, and dedicated coaches and staff that foster excellence on-and-off the field. The Sea Gulls have celebrated 22 team national championships, 24 individual national champions, 186 conference championships and 41 Academic All-Americans.
To learn more about the tradition of excellence with Sea Gull Athletics, visit www.SUSeaGulls.com or on social media @SUSeaGulls.