Posted: May 07, 2021
FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The fourth-seeded Salisbury University men's tennis team was upended, 5-3. in the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) semifinal by the top-seeded Mary Washington Eagles.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got off to a strong start winning two out of three double matches to start the day.
- Alex Angradi and Ian Siew took down Moses Hutchinson and Cole Tecce in No. 1 doubles, 8-4.
- In No. 2 doubles, Ryan Santmyer and Brad Pappalardo came from behind to defeat Peter Leese and Rishi Charan Shankar, 8-7.
- Mary Washington bounced back in the singles and forced four of the six matches to three sets.
- After dropping the first set, Pappalardo stormed back to take down Artis Hart, 3-6, 6-2, 7-5.
- Angradi and Patrick MacLean traded sets in No. 1 and No. 3 singles respectively before falling the third set.
- Russell Willenborg was up 6-3, 2-6, 6-5 over Priyan Desilva in No. 6 singles before the match was decided.