Posted: May 04, 2021
SALISBURY, Md. – The fourth-seeded Salisbury University men's tennis team swept the fifth-seeded St. Mary's Seahawks, 9-0, in the first round of the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Tournament on Tuesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury cruised to a 3-0 start in double behind 8-1 wins by Alec Angradi and Ian Siew in No. 1 doubles and Ryan Santmyer and Brad Pappalardo in No. 2 doubles.
- Patrick MacLean and Stefan Hein came back from a 3-2 deficit in No. 3 doubles to win the match, 8-5, over Keawe Shepherd-Johnson and Liam Pratt.
- Salisbury continued the momentum into singles action.
- Santmyer and Russell Willenborg picked up a 6-1, 6-0 win in No. 1 and No. 3 singles respectively.
- Pappalardo notched a 7-5, 6-3 win in No. 2 singles over Stephen Alam in No. 2 singles.
- Hein collected a 6-3, 6-0 sweep in No. 4 singles over Kier Nacua.
- Gavin Reagle and Wayne Russell earned a 6-0, 6-0 win in No. 5 and No. 6 singles.
- Salisbury advances to the C2C semifinals on Friday, May 7 against the top seed, Mary Washington.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. in Fredericksburg, Va.