Posted: Apr 17, 2021
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team earned an 8-1 win on the road on Saturday over the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury powered through Virginia Wesleyan in doubles action to start the match up 3-0.
- Alec Angradi and Ian Siew each outlasted their opponents in No. 1 and No. 2 singles respectively. Angradi won the first set 6-3. Felix Bevc took Angradi to a tiebreaker in the second set and Bevc picked up the win in the second set 7-6(7). Angradi came back in the super tiebreaking third set, 10-5, to win that match. Siew traded sets with Mitchell Perry and collected the match win in the third set, 7-5, 2-6, 10-6.
- Patrick MacLean and Garrett Malave each cruised to a two-set sweep in No. 3 and No. 6 singles.
- Russell Willenborg staved off a late push by Michael Portera in the second set to notch the two-set sweep in No. 5 singles, 6-1, 6-3.
- Salisbury will resume Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference play on Saturday, April 24 in Buena Vista, Va. against Southern Virginia.
- The match is set for a 2 p.m. start.