Posted: Apr 03, 2021
BALTIMORE, Md. - The Salisbury University men's tennis team collected a 5-2 road win on Saturday over Division I Loyola to extend its season-opening win streak to four games.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury started the day winning two out of the three doubles matches to begin the match up 1-0.
- The tandems of Alec Angradi and Ian Siew along with Ryan Santmyer and Russell Willenborg earned wins in No. 1 and No. 3 doubles respectively.
- Patrick MacLean and Stefan Hein forced a tiebreaker in No. 2 doubles against Maat Cardano and Oliver Davey but dropped the decision 7-6(4).
- Angradi and Siew continued their roll in singles action with victories in straight sets in the No. 1 and No. 2 matchups.
- After dropping the first set to Nick Haggar, Willenborg rebounded to win the match in three sets in No. 5 singles, 5-7,6-3, 6-1.
- Hein collected a 6-0, 7-5 win in No. 6 singles over Tyler Mast.
- Salisbury returns to Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference play on Saturday, April 10 against rival Christopher Newport.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 3 p.m.