Posted: Apr 03, 2021
ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team took down the St. Mary's Seahawks on Saturday, 9-0, to begin the Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) schedule.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got the match off on a high in doubles. The team of Patrick MacLean and Stefan Hein won 8-4 against Stephen Alam and Kier Nacua in No. 1 doubles.
- Ryan Santmyer and Russell Willenborg and Garrett Malave and Wayne Russell earned wins in No. 2 doubles and No. 3 doubles with scores of 8-2 and 8-3 respectively.
- MacLean took care of Alam in No.1 singles in straight sets, 6-2, 6-0.
- Santmyer and Malave won their singles matches 6-1, 6-1.
- Willenborg notched a 6-0, 6-2 victory over Nick Rohr in No. 2 singles.
- Hein earned a 6-4, 6-1 win in No. 4 singles.
- Russell capped the sweep with a 6-1, 6-3 win in No. 6 singles over Liam Pratt.
- Salisbury will step out of C2C play on Saturday with a match against Division I Loyola.
- The match is scheduled to start at 3 p.m.