CHESTERTOWN, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team sailed past their Eastern Shore rivals, Washington College, with an 8-1 victory on Friday.
Final Score: Salisbury 8, Washington 1
Records: Salisbury (5-1) | Washington (3-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury cruised to a sweep in the doubles matchups over Washington.
- Seventh-ranked Alex Angradi and Ian Siew started off the match with an 8-4 win in No. 1 doubles over Kyle Hickey and Andrew Smith.
- The teams of Ryan Santmyer and Brad Pappalardo, and Patrick MacLean and Stefan Hein secured 8-6 and victories in their respective doubles matches.
- Each of Salisbury's five singles victories came in straight sets.
- 14th-ranked Angradi notched a 6-4, 6-2 win over Paul Eisenmagen.
- MacLean, Pappalardo and Garrett Malave each won the first sets of their respective matches 6-4. MacLean proceeded to secure the sweep with a score of 6-3 in the second set in third singles. Pappalardo and Malave grabbed 6-1 and 6-2 wins in the second set of their matches to pick up the sweeps.
- Hein rolled past Andrew Province in fifth singles, 6-2, 6-0.
- Salisbury has a quick turnaround as they battle the Stevens Ducks on Saturday.
- The match will follow the women's clash with Stevens at 2 p.m.