SALISBURY, Md. – Playing their fourth match in three days, the Salisbury University men's tennis team dropped a tough 6-3 decision to the Washington & Lee Generals on Monday.
Final Score: Washington & Lee 6, Salisbury 3
Records: Salisbury (3-1) | W&L (3-2)
Location: SU Indoor Tennis Center – Salisbury, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- A pair of comebacks gave Salisbury the early 2-1 lead after the doubles matches. Alec Angradi and Ian Siew came back from a 2-1 early deficit to win the match 8-5 over Harry Shepherd and John Rudden.
- Patrick MacLean and Stefan Hein also battled back from an early deficit to win their No. 3 doubles match over Mitchell Thomas and James Torbert, 8-7(5).
- Ryan Santmyer earned the lone singles win cruised to a 6-1, 6-3 win in No. 3 singles over Alex Fedor.
- Siew and MacLean each forced a third-set but each of them lost their respective last set 6-3.
- Salisbury continues its homestand on Friday when they take on the N.C. Wesleyan Battling Bishops.
- The match is scheduled to begin at 4 p.m.
- Live results will be available.