SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's tennis team registered a pair of wins on Saturday over the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins and the Methodist Monarchs.
Match 1 Final Score: Salisbury 7, Virginia Wesleyan 2
Match 2 Final Score: Salisbury 7, Methodist 2
HOW IT HAPPENED
Salisbury vs. Virginia Wesleyan
- Salisbury reeled off a sweep in the doubles matches. The seventh-ranked tandem of Alec Angradi and Ian Siew, and Brad Pappalardo and Ryan Santmyer picked up 8-4 wins in No. 1 and No. 3 doubles respectively.
- Matthew Ryan and Patrick MacLean collected an 8-3 win in No. 2 doubles over Mitchell Perry and Henry West.
- Siew earned a 6-2, 6-0 win over Timothy Tep in No. 1 singles.
- Santmyer, Pappalardo and Stefan Hein all earned sweeps in their singles matches. Pappalardo went to a tiebreaker in the second set of his match in No. 4 singles against Andreas Combos but prevailed 6-2, 7-6(4).
Salisbury vs. Methodist
- Angradi and Siew continued their momentum from the morning match to pick up an 8-5 win in No. 1 doubles over Coleman Baker and Trent Harner.
- Santmyer and Hein teamed up to gut out a 9-8(5) win over Lucas Dunlop and Henry Blanco in No. 3 doubles.
- Ranked No. 14 in the nation in singles, Angradi tallied a 6-1, 6-2 win in No. 1 singles over Harner.
- Siew, MacLean, Santmyer and Hein all earned two-set wins over Methodist. Santmyer went to a tiebreaker against Henry Murray in No. 4 singles but notched a 7-5(5), 6-4 win.
- Salisbury will be back in action tomorrow at the SU Outdoor Tennis Courts against Goucher.
- The match is set to begin at 2 p.m.
- Live scoring will be available.