Posted: Sep 01, 2021
SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury University men's soccer team dropped its season opener against Washington College, 3-0, on Wednesday.
- Final: Washington (Md.), 3, Salisbury 0
- Records: Salisbury (0-1) | WAC (1-0)
- Location: Sea Gull Soccer Stadium – Salisbury Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Sea Gulls had an early opportunity to score in the fourth minute, Ethan Dolezal sent a shot towards goal, but was saved by the shoremen goalkeeper.
- The Shoremen got the scoring started in the 19th minute after a Salisbury foul in the box led to a penalty kick. Greg Adams put it in the back of the net for the opening tally of the game.
- Just six minutes into the second half, the Shoremen got on the board again with a strike from James Strine into the top right corner to double the lead.
- After a wild bounce from a free kick in the 79th minute, Washington would put the game away with a goal from Christopher Pinto.
- Washington held the shot advantage, 7-6.
- Gabe Dunn recorded one save in goal for the Sea Gulls.
- Ethan Dolezal let the Sea Gulls with one shot on Goal.
- Washington goals came from Greg Adams, James Strine, and Christopher Pinto
- Salisbury hosts the Elmer Lord Tournament starting on Saturday, Sept. 4 against Roanoke
- Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. at the SU Soccer Complex.