Posted: Oct 02, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. - The Salisbury University men's soccer team stumbled at home against the No. 14 Mary Washington Eagles, 2-1 in a Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) matchup on Wednesday.
- Final: No. 14 Mary Washington 2, Salisbury 1
- Records: Salisbury (6-3-1, 1-1 CAC) | Mary Washington (7-1-2, 2-0 CAC)
- Location: Sea Gull Soccer Stadium- Salisbury, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mary Washington scored a minute out of the gate when Jacob Lovinger inserted a corner kick and it curled into the back of the net.
- In the 29th minute, Josh Woozley would steal the ball away from Mary Washington's Ken Kurtz in front of the net and score into the wide open net.
- A foul in the box in the 36th minute would give Salisbury a penalty kick. Seth Walter stepped up to the spot but Kurtz would make a diving save to keep the game tied.
- Mary Washington would go up 2-1 in the early part of the second half when Gabriel Soriano corralled a clearance by Salisbury at the top of the box. His cross would find the head of Kevin Conrad and into the back of the net.
- Mary Washington outshot Salisbury, 12-9
- Seth Walter tallied three shots, one being on goal.
- Cullen Myers, Ryan Spadin, Josh Woozley, Dolph Hegewisch, and Matt MacKenzie all notched a shot for Salisbury.
- Ryan Miller registered one save in goal.
- Ken Kurtz made three saves for Mary Washington.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Woolzey converted his fourth goal of the season and has scored in back-to-back games.