SALISBURY, Md. – The top-seeded and third-ranked Salisbury University men's lacrosse team advances to Saturday's Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) Championship game after a 28-3 victory over the St. Mary's Seahawks on Wednesday in the C2C semifinals.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury jumped out to an early 7-0 lead before St. Mary's scored in the final two and a half minutes of the first period.
- During the first-quarter run, Jarrett Bromwell, Jack Dowd, Cross Ferrara, Josh Melton and Isaac Thrasher all scored for Salisbury.
- A St. Mary's man-up goal opened the second period but Salisbury responded with a Ferrara goal just a minute later.
- Dominic Venanzi scored for St. Mary's to cut the deficit to 9-3 before another seven-goal run put Salisbury up 15-3 at halftime.
- After a 48-minute lightning delay, Salisbury continued the momentum with 13 unanswered goals in the second half.
- The Salisbury defense held St. Mary's to one lone shot in the second half, which occurred with five minutes left in regulation.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- 15 different Sea Gulls found the back of the net in the victory.
- Cross Ferrara and Jarrett Bromwell led the flock with four goals.
- Pierre Armstrong collected a pair of goals and assists. Ferrara dished out four assists.
- Griffin Moroney, Isaac Thrasher, and Josh Melton had a hat trick each.
- Jack Dowd, Luke Harbottle, Brad Greik, Charlie White, Joe Carozza, Porter Lewis, Brett Malamphy, Josh Sanchez, Ty Delancellotti all scored in the victory.
- Malamphy picked up a game-high 13 ground balls and won 15-of-16 faceoffs.
- Eoghan Sweeney grabbed five ground balls while Brad Apgar and Kevin Murphy both scooped up four ground balls.
- Matt O'Callaghan caused three errors for the Seahawks.
- In his first career start, Matty Back stopped a pair of shots to earn the victory.
- Salisbury shot the ball 69 times while St. Mary's shot 12.
ST. MARY'S GAME NOTES
- Abe Hubbard, Dominic Venanzi, and Jude Brown all tallied a goal for the Seahawks.
- Dj Walker saved 10 shots and grabbed five ground balls for the Seahawks.
- Salisbury will host the second seed and ninth-ranked CNU on Saturday, May 8.
- The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. at Sea Gull Stadium.