ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. – The second-ranked Salisbury University men's lacrosse team remained undefeated in Coast-to-Coast Athletic Conference (C2C) action after a 13-4 road victory over the St. Mary's Seahawks on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Seahawks opened up the first quarter with a Dominic Venanzi goal after a pass from Jeremiah Clemmer in the first two minutes of play.
- Cross Ferrara tied the game at one three minutes later on an assist from Pierre Armstrong.
- Jarrett Bromwell gave Salisbury the early 2-1 lead with 5:20 left on the first-quarter clock.
- Abe Hubbard nodded the game up at two on a Jude Brown assist with 29 seconds left in the first quarter.
- Back-to-back goals 1:22 apart in the second quarter by Bromwell and Griffin Moroney along with strong defense allowed Salisbury to take a 4-2 lead into halftime over St. Mary's.
- After Salisbury and St. Mary's traded goals to open the second half, Salisbury got out on a 4-0 run to close out the third quarter with a 9-3 lead with tallies from Ferrara, Issac Thrasher, Luke Nestor and Jack Dowd.
- Goals by Ferrara and Luke Harbottle extended Salisbury's scoring run to six and pushed SU's lead up to 11-3 to open the fourth quarter.
- At the 9:00 mark, Cameron Linger ended the Sea Gull barrage to trim the SU lead down to 11-4.
- The Sea Gulls closed out the game with goals by Ferrara and Josh Melton to seal the road win.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Cross Ferrara led the flock with five goals and an assist.
- Jarrett Bromwell picked up a pair of goals and an assist.
- Griffin Moroney, Jack Dowd, Luke Harbottle, Luke Nestor, Isaac Thrasher, and Josh Melton all had a goal apiece.
- Brett Malamphy picked up a game-high eight ground balls and won 14-of-21 faceoffs.
- Kevin Murphy and Bromwell scooped up four ground balls and caused a turnover each.
- Brad Apgar caused three errors for the Seahawks while Jackson Woodward tallied two caused turnovers.
- In net, T.J. Ellis stopped 10 shots.
- Salisbury scooped up 29 ground balls compared to St. Mary's 22.
ST. MARY'S GAME NOTES
- Dominic Venanzi collected a pair of goals for St. Mary's.
- Abe Hubbard and Cameron Linger added a goal each.
- Anthony Sparacino scooped up the ball three times and caused two turnovers.
- Dj Walker saved 14 shots in net for the Seahawks and scooped the ball up once.
- Salisbury returns home for its last regular-season game on Saturday, May 1 against the Southern Virginia Knights.
- The C2C game is scheduled to begin at noon.
- Before the game, Salisbury will honor the 2020 and 2021 seniors for Senior Day.