SELINSGROVE, Pa. – 23 unanswered goals to start the game helped the fourth-ranked Salisbury University men's lacrosse team collect its fifth-consecutive win with a 27-4 road victory over the Susquehanna River Hawks on Wednesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first period saw four goals from the Sea Gulls, including an unassisted man-down goal from Griffin Moroney with five minutes on the clock left in the quarter off an assist from John DeFazio
- The maroon and gold continued their hot streak in the second period, adding seven more goals to the board. Both Jarrett Bromwell and Cross Ferrara earned a hat trick each in the first half to allow SU to take an 11-0 lead at halftime/
- Luke Harbottle and Pierre Armstrong capped off their hat tricks during the third quarter. Josh Melton collected his sixth assist of the game on an Armstrong goal with just over two minutes left in the third to push Salisbury lead up to 23-0.
- Susquehanna finally got a point on the board on a Jake Turner goal with 1:26 remaining in the third quarter.
- In the final period, Susquehanna added back-to-back goals in the opening three minutes of the fourth
- Salisbury added a trifecta of goals to respond to Susquehanna's three-goal run, which included two goals from Ty Delancellotti and Joe Carozza.
- With 6:50 on the board, the River Hawks added an unassisted goal from Logan Frank.
- Charlie White earned his first collegiate goal to cap the game for the Sea Gulls, 27-4.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Jarrett Bromwell and Cross Ferrara paced the scoring for Salisbury with six goals apiece. Bromwell set a new career-high to best his previous mark of five goals set in Sunday's win over Colorado College.
- Luke Harbottle and Pierre Armstrong added a hat trick each. Jack Dowd and Griffin Moroney each added a pair of goals to the board.
- Charlie White, Joe Carozza, Josh Sanchez, Ty Delancellotti and Logan Posner all tacked on a goal.
- Josh Melton led the flock with six assists. Ferrara and Posner each collected three dimes.
- Ryan Brown, Thomas Ballard, Dowd, Bromwell, Armstrong, White, and Sanchez each tallied an assist.
- John DeFazio scooped up a game-high seven ground balls; Ballard grabbed five.
- Hunter Mason and Bromwell had four ground balls each while Kevin Murphy, Jackson Woodward, Braden Glushakow, and Brett Malamphy each had three.
- Murphy, Ballard, and Defazio caused a pair of turnovers.
- Salisbury won 18-of-25 faceoff attempts with Brett Malamphy going 9-of-11 at the X.
- Drew Downing went 4-of-5 and Eoghan Sweeney went 7-of-8 at the circle.
- In goal, T.J. Ellis stopped five shots, Matty Back stopped two in relief of Ellis.
- Salisbury shot the ball 64 times compared to Susquehanna's 19.
SUSQUEHANNA GAME NOTES
- Logan Frank, Jason Carey, Cameron McKee, and Jake Turner each tallied a goal.
- Kobi Buffa led with a pair of assists. Rob Swenson collected one.
- In goal, Tyler Gross saved 13 shots for the River Hawks.
- Salisbury will be back at Sea Gull Stadium on Saturday, March 27 against the Stockton Ospreys.
- The opening faceoff is set for 2 p.m.