Posted: Mar 21, 2021
SALISBURY, Md. – The fourth-ranked Salisbury University men's lacrosse team collected its fourth consecutive win with a 19-3 victory over the Colorado College Tigers on Sunday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got out on an early lead with a six-goal flurry in the first quarter. The charge was lead by Jarrett Bromwell with an early hat trick.
- Colorado College saw the board for the first time in the 14th minute of the second period.
- Following the CC goal, Salisbury went on a four-goal run highlighted by a pair of Jack Dowd unassisted tallies and a man-up goal by Griffin Moroney to allow SU to hit the 10-goal mark halfway through the second period.
- Colorado got a goal back but Moroney and Bromwell added two more points to close out the half, 12-2.
- In the third quarter the Sea Gulls left the Tigers scoreless, adding four unassisted goals to bring Salisbury up to 16 points. Cross Ferrara netted a pair of goals to start to half.
- The final period saw three final Sea Gulls goals before the Tigers could add their final point. Josh Melton started the fourth with a goal a minute into the period. Logan Posner and Benjamin Bisquera fended the scoring for Salisbury with a pair of unassisted goals to put SU up, 19-2.
- Anders Erickson managed the last goal of the game with just under a minute left on the clock for Colorado.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Jarrett Bromwell and Cross Ferrara paced the scoring for Salisbury. Bromwell tallied five goals while Ferrara netted four. Each tallied an assist.
- Logan Posner and Griffin Moroney added a hat trick each. Posner added an assist.
- Jack Dowd registered a pair of goals. Josh Melton and Benjamin Bisquera both tacked on a goal.
- Ty Delancellotti added a assist while Melton added two assists.
- Kevin Murphy scooped up a game-high six ground balls.
- Jackson Woodward caused a game-high three turnovers.
- Salisbury won 18-of-25 faceoff attempts with Brett Malamphy going 9-of-11 at the X. Both Drew Downing and Eoghan Sweeney went undefeated at the circle.
- In goal, T.J. Ellis stopped eight shots, Matty Back stopped three.
- Salisbury shot the ball 49 times compared to Colorado's 31.
COLORADO COLLEGE GAME NOTES
- Declan Maguire and Anders Erickson both earned a goal and scooped up a pair of ground balls. Erickson added an assist.
- In goal, Ben Anastos saved 14 shots for the Tigers.
- Salisbury will be back in action on Wednesday when they head north to Selinsgrove, Pa. when the Sea Gulls match up against the Susquehanna River Hawks.
- The opening faceoff from is set for 3:30 p.m.