RALEIGH, N.C. – The top-ranked Salisbury University men's lacrosse team opened the 2020 season with a dominant 27-3 win on Sunday over the Berry Vikings.
Final Score: No. 1 Salisbury 27, Berry 3
Records: Salisbury (1-0) | Berry (0-1)
Location: Cardinal Gibbons High School – Raleigh, N.C.
FOR #1 SALISBURY
- 15 players netted goals during the contest. Cross Ferrara and Griffin Moroney led the offense with four goals and two assists a piece. Van Parker followed close behind with three goals and an assist.
- Josh Melton, Luke Nestor, Gavin Dembeck, and Jarrett Bromwell each had two goals. Melton dished out four assists.
- Chris Gibbs, Jackson Woodward, Ryan Brown, Isaac Thrasher, Pierre Armstrong, Jace Menendez, Emory Wongus and Josh Sanchez all had a goal. Sanchez handed out two assists while Trasher, Menendez, Armstrong, Brown, Kevin Murphy and Logan Posner also collected an assist.
- Brett Malamphy went 14-for-19 in faceoffs and notched eight ground balls. Bromwell collected five ground balls while Brad Greik scooped up four.
- Eoghan Sweeney, who went 3-for-3 in faceoffs, grabbed three ground balls.
- T.J. Logue went 5-of-6 in faceoffs and Tyler Thompson went a perfect 4-for-4.
- Goalie Brandon Warren stopped three shots in the win. Riley Myer saved a shot in relief of Warren.
- The Sea Gulls were 13-for-13 on clears.
FOR THE BERRY VIKINGS
- Jake Sheerin, Travis Hastings and Sean Canfield all scored for the Vikings. Noah Steiner collected an assist.
- Goalie Caleb Campbell who saved five shots on goal led with four ground balls. Goalies David Gottesman and RJ Maraski both had four saves on the day and two ground balls. Collectively the Vikings stopped 13 shots.
- Mitchell Estes scooped up the ball three times and Steiner scooped up two as well.
- The Vikings were 14-for-20 clearing the ball.