SALISBURY, Md. – After a second-half surge, the Salisbury University men's basketball team collected a 66-47 road win against the Goucher Gophers.
Final Score: Salisbury 66, Goucher 47
Records: Salisbury (3-3) | Goucher (1-5)
Location: Towson, Md. - Decker Sports and Recreation Center
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Lucas Martin opened the game on a three-pointer and Goucher's Raekwan Becks responded with a field goal off the defensive rebound. Both teams kept this back and forth pace throughout the first half.
- After Goucher tied up the game at five with a three-point jump shot by Dwayne Morton with 15 minutes left in the half, Paul Garcia matched the play with a three-pointer of his own for the three-point lead, 8-5.
- The Sea Gulls held a 20-18 lead over the Gophers heading to halftime.
- Coming back in the second half, the Sea Gulls begin to light up the court and pull away from Goucher with a 9-0 run to start the half with buckets by Martin, Devin Garrett and Johnny Fierstein.
- Salisbury got out to their biggest lead of the game, 54-34, during a 13-4 run that lasted five-plus minutes which culminated with a Fierstein put back.
- In the final two minutes of the game, Salisbury closed the game out on a 10-2 to earn the road win.
- Johnny Fierstein registered his first career double-double with a game-high 19 points (7-14) and a career-best 11 rebounds. Fierstein also added five assists and a block.
- Lucas Martin also reached double figures with 14 points on 5-of-9 from the field and 2-of-2 from behind the free-throw line and the three-point line. Martin also reeled in five rebounds.
- D'Angelo Tull tallied nine points off the bench and dished out a game-high six assists.
- Devin Garrett pulled down seven rebounds and scored five points.
- Gary Briddell and Mike Ward also chipped in with five points.
- Salisbury notched 15 points off of rebounds and 22 points off turnovers.
- Pat Goralski led Goucher with 12 points.
- Salisbury will return home on Tuesday, Nov. 26 to face off with the Virginia Wesleyan Marlins.
- The game is set for a 7 p.m. tip.
- Live stats and video are available.