Posted: Nov 09, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University men's basketball team collected their first win of the season, 106-68, over the Rosemont Ravens at the Arcadia Tip-off Tournament on Saturday.
- Final Score: Salisbury 106, Rosemont, 68
- Records: Salisbury (1-0) | Rosemont (0-1)
- Location: Alumni Gymnasium - Glenside, Pa. (Arcadia University)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After Gary Briddell scored the opening points of the season on a three-pointer, Salisbury kept the throttle down the entire game and would never give up the lead.
- The Sea Gulls scored 28 of the game's first 34 points to get out to an early 28-6 lead.
- Salisbury stretched their lead to 30 points, 49-19, with 2:17 left in the half when Briddell connected on a lay-up following a Rosemont offensive foul.
- Salisbury took the 49-19 lead into the halftime.
- Just like the start of the game, Briddell made a three to open the second half.
- Salisbury got out to their largest lead of the game, 106-63 with 1:02 left in regulation on a Ryan Marshall layup off an assist from Cameron Heard.
- Salisbury shot 52 percent (36-75) from the field and 53.8 percent (14-26) from beyond the three-point line.
- Salisbury held Rosemont to 24-of-72 shooting (33.3%) and 6-of-26 (23.1%) from three.
- As a team, the Sea Gulls held the edge in rebounds (52-42) and assists (23-9) over the Ravens.
- Gary Briddell tallied a game-high 15 points on 6-of-9 shooting and 3-of-5 from three. Briddell also recorded six rebounds and three assists
- Lucas Martin was a rebound away from his second career double-double. Martin was a perfect 4-for-4 from the field and 5-of-6 from the charity stripe to total 13 points. He also pulled down nine boards in 16 minutes of action.
- Bryan Boehlert and Mike Ward also reached double-figures with 12 and 11 points respectively. Boehlert connected on four of his five three-point attempts.
- Salisbury notched 44 points in the paint and 23 points off of turnovers.
- Maurice Henry would lead the Ravens with 12 points.