Posted: Sep 25, 2021
SALISBURY, Md. – The 11th-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team dropped a 1-0 decision to the sixth-ranked TCNJ Lions on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury had a scoring chance in the fifth minute of the match on a penalty corner. Emma Jeffries' backhanded shot was saved by TCNJ's Dani Britton.
- The defense stood tall in a TCNJ barrage midway through the game. Hannah Johnson and Isabel Larrabee recorded defensive saves in the second and third quarters.
- TCNJ broke through the staunch Salisbury defense in the 41st minute of the game. A Jess Hatch shot was initially saved by Dom Farrace but Kayla Cichlar put away the rebound to put TCNJ on the board.
- The Sea Gulls turned up the pressure in the final stanza looking to get on the board late. Three-straight penalty corners in the waning moments of the game and a shot by Maci Long was blocked the Lion defense.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Dom Farrace made a career-high 10 saves in goal for Salisbury.
- Emma Jeffries and Maci Long each registered a shot.
- Hannah Johnson and Isabel Larrabee tallied defensive saves.
TCNJ GAME NOTES
- TCNJ recorded 18 shots and 11 corners.
- Kayla Cichlar scored the lone goal in the contest.
- Salisbury concludes its three-game homestand on Wednesday, Sept. 29 against the Catholic Cardinals.
- The match from Sea Gull Stadium is scheduled for 6 p.m.