BALTIMORE, Md. – A 59th-minute goal by Mackenzie Estrada forced overtime but the Salisbury University field hockey team gave up a golden goal in the first overtime to stumble 3-2 against the Johns Hopkins Blue Jays in the spring finale on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Mack Dinopoulos opened the scoring in the game in the eighth minute off a Johns Hopkins turnover and Kayler Townsend crossed the ball to Dinopoulos, who blasted the ball past the Hopkins keeper.
- After SU fell behind 2-1 at the end of the first half, it wasn't until the 59th minute on a penalty corner that Salisbury tied the game and forced overtime. Jordan Brooks drove the ball to McKenzie Jamison and a redirect by Estrada nodded the game at two.
- Mikayla Schoff ended the game three minutes into the overtime off a penalty corner to give Johns Hopkins the win.
SALISBURY GAME NOTES
- Mack Dinopoulos and MacKenzie Estrada each tallied a goal for Salisbury.
- Kayler Townsend, McKenzie Jamison and Jordan Brooks recorded an assist in the loss.
- Dom Farrace and Mackenzie Peacock split time and totaled five saves in net.
JOHNS HOPKINS GAME NOTES
- Mikayla Schoff, Olivia Fox and Maddie Brown-Scherer scored a goal for Johns Hopkins.