ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. – The third-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team opened the Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) slate with a 2-0 road shutout over the St. Mary's Seahawks on Saturday.
Final Score: No. 3 Salisbury 2, St. Mary's 0
Records: Salisbury (11-1, 1-0 CAC) | St. Mary's (10-2, 0-1 CAC)
Location: Jamie L. Roberts Stadium – St. Mary's City, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury struck first in the sixth minute on a penalty corner when Tara Daddio's shot was redirected by Camryn Dennis for the opening goal of the contest.
- McKenzie Mitchell doubled up Salisbury's advantage three minutes later when she stole the ball in the attacking zone and popped up a shot over the St. Mary's keeper.
- Salisbury kept up the pressure on St. Mary's, including eight shots in the second quarter but couldn't add to their two-goal advantage.
- Salisbury held a commanding 15-1 edge on shots over St. Mary's.
- Salisbury tallied 18 penalty corners.
- Camryn Dennis and McKenzie Mitchell netted the goals for Salisbury.
- Dom Farrace made a save on St. Mary's lone shot attempt in the fourth quarter.
- Kelbey Egerland had nine saves for St. Mary's.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Salisbury picked up their fourth consecutive shutout.
- Salisbury steps out of CAC play on Tuesday to head up Route 13 to take on the Wesley Wolverines.
- The game begins at 7 p.m.
Video and live stats are available from Wesley